|Future Leaders Scholarship (FLS) FAQ|
FLS FAQ Sheet
What is the FLS?
· MPACE offers the Future Leaders Scholarship (FLS) Program to provide current graduate students and new professionals (1-2 years in the profession) a direct connection to experience career services/university recruiting hands-on. It is an opportunity to meet and work with people currently working in the profession. This is a great way for MPACE to showcase new and future professionals in the field. One student will be chosen.
· Graduate students currently enrolled at an MPACE member institution. Students should be pursuing a degree related to the career services field (counseling, higher education administration, student affairs, human resources, etc.).
· Interns, including Campus Ambassadors currently or previously employed by an MPACE employer member.
· New professionals (including: human resources, management trainees, etc.) with less than 2 years’ experience.
What are the benefits of being selected as a FLS recipient?
· The selected applicant will prepare and engage in a conference workshop presentation experience with the guidance of an experienced career center staff/employer. The MPACE Education & Research Committee will select and provide a scholarship award to one recipient and one experienced co-presenter from an MPACE campus/employer. The scholarship covers:
For the Scholarship Recipient only:
· Conference Registration that includes 2-night hotel accommodations (valued at $925).
· Travel (up to $600) to attend the MPACE Annual Conference | Denver Downtown Hyatt, Denver, CO, December 7-9, 2016
· One-year paid MPACE Membership (valued at $150)
Additionally, the recipient will have the opportunity to:
· Develop professionally through mentorship and attendance at the MPACE conference.
· Expand their professional network.
· Gain conference presentation experience.
For the Experienced Co-Presenter (3 years or more):
· A one-year paid MPACE membership (valued at $150).
What is required of FLS recipients?
· Obtain a letter of recommendation from your Career Center Management or University Relations Manager that can speak to your innovation/creativity and passion for the field of career services.
· Co-facilitate with your chosen experienced professional an innovative workshop that offers a new perspective on any topic(s) that are relevant to the field of career services/university relations at the 2016 Annual MPACE Conference.
· Attend regularly scheduled meetings with your chosen experienced professional. The focus of these sessions is to broaden your awareness of industry best practices, career development theory, university relations, student affairs, presentation skills, and other related topics.
What is required of a FLS Experience Co-Presenter?
· Provide check-in sessions and relevant resources for review, such as articles, webinars, blogs, LinkedIn discussions, etc. intended to promote their understanding of career services/university relations and its role in higher education.
· Offer assistance and guidance related to the project of the FLS Recipient.
· Attend the 2016 MPACE Conference and co-present alongside the FLS Recipient.
How do I apply?
· Application is on the website with deadline – currently Friday, July 29, 2016
Questions?Please contact the MPACE Education & Research Director: Emily White, UC Santa Barbara, email@example.com, 805-893-4412