By Margaret Paulin
Hello MPACE Members:
My term as the MPACE President draws to a close on June 30th. It has been my sincere pleasure to lead this dynamic organization over the past year; I’ve enjoyed working with an awesome Board of Directors, seeking advice and counsel from Executive Director Deb Dobbs --who truly has the Association’s best interests at heart---and being mentored by James Tarbox, Past President. I could not have asked for a better opportunity for professional growth. As MPACE President, I have expanded and sharpened my leadership skills and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to broaden my MPACE professional network.
This past year the Board and I have worked to advance the organization both internally and externally.
- Updated our internal processes, policies and guidelines.
- Pursued and followed up with new members and expanded our social media presence.
- Focused our efforts to provide regional engagement, communication and programming.
- Initiated a new committee, the Diversity and Inclusion Advancement Committee (DIAC) under the leadership of Koren Vining.
- Started exploring the idea of a “visioning session” for thought leaders on the future of MPACE, related to college career centers and the university relations and recruiting profession.
In closing, I want to acknowledge and thank Deborah Dobbs, her staff and the members of the Board, especially those whose terms are expiring: Ignacio Gallardo, Director of Communications; Tracy Hill, Director of Membership; Julia Hing, Region Director - Pacific Central; Stacy Kretzmann, Region Director - Mountain South; Sarah Raymond, Director of Education and Research; and James Tarbox, Past President. I also want to thank my employer, Northrop Grumman, and the Corporate University Relations Team for their unwavering support. I wish Patty Bishop, President Elect, and her Board all the BEST! Lastly, I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to you-- the members of MPACE---for the privilege to serve you.
I look forward to seeing you this summer at a MPACE regional event.