THE COMMITTEES OF MPACE
Below you will find the various standing committees of MPACE, with a brief description of each. At the bottom of this page you will find a button that will take you to a form to tell us what committee you are interested in finding out more about. Your contact info will be sent to the appropriate Board Member or Committee Chair.
Responsible for coordinating all the arrangements for the annual conference to be held at a facility recommended and approved by the board, currently the 2nd week of December each year.
- Development - Solicit donations for the Conference and create different levels of sponsorship.
- Entertainment - Coordinate President’s Reception, Thursday evening (offsite) event; entertainment, theme, and work with Facilities on food.
- Exhibits - Identify and connect with previous and new exhibitors for the Conference. Coordinate the exhibit hall and enable and ensure a flow of members to meet with exhibitors
- Facilities - Review hotel contract and become familiar with key deadlines for food, room and AV agreements. Communicate regularly with hotel contact to ensure that contract and planning are updated.
- Programs - Identify and select keynote speakers and workshop presenters for the Conference. Develop a "Call for Programs". Communicate with identified presenters to program logistics. Work with Facilities on room and AV needs.
- Publicity - Promote Conference; distribute promotional material and MPACE Summer workshops. Responsible for the conference program book.
- Registration - Coordinate overall registration with MPACE office. Provide on-site support.
- Volunteers - Work with committees to identify opportunities for volunteers to perform at the conference site (e.g. speaker introductions, signage placements, etc).
- Fitness - Identify and arrange for sport/athletic and fitness/wellness activities at the conference. Publicize and promote such activities.
- Community Service - Identify and coordinate charitable activities with a local agency/program. Promote activities at conference and seek participation.
Time commitment varies depending on the committee and time of year. However, monthly conference calls lasting 1 ½ to 2 hours are regular. A committee chair usually spends about 8 – 10 hours per month (max) on conference business. Committee members average about 4 – 5 hours per month. The development and programs committees may require a little extra time.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering current research, educational programming, and funding to enhance the membership’s knowledge base on contemporary issues in the profession.
- Manage the Career Mentor Scholarship (CMS) program as well as the NACE Management Leadership Institute scholarship program.
- Identify and evaluate the relevance and value of professional developmental educational opportunities in the career services and college relations fields.
- Identify, develop, maintain and nurture mutually beneficial relations and networks with related associations/organizations
- Facilitate communications with and involvement of the members MPACE
- Help market, publicize and represent MPACE to raise its visibility
- Publish the Vista newsletter three times annually
- Maintain social networking sites (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter)
Meets four to five times a year and as needed via conference call, depending on projects.
- Advocate and promote diversity issues within MPACE and develop activities to encourage members with diverse backgrounds to participate in the organization.
- Be aware and educate and sensitize the general membership on diversity issues.
- Review applications for membership, maintain and increase the membership base, and conduct activities to identify and attract new and diverse members.
- Develop and maintain database on members interested in getting involved with various association committees.
- Coordinate and direct the development and delivery of ALL programs, services, workshops, seminars etc., in their respective region to provide members opportunities to meet, learn and discuss common interests and concerns between conferences.
- Conduct regional membership “pulse taking” and survey initiatives.
- Identify and provide developmental opportunities for members with an interest in or potential for assuming leadership roles within the MPACE.
- Identify, evaluate and implement technology solutions to enhance the Association’s ability to communicate and provide information on programs and services to members.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the implemented technology solutions as well as mpace.org.
- Provides technical support to Regional Directors during webinars and other training opportunities as needed.
- Identify MPACE goals for increased diversity and diversity awareness.
- Make recommendations for the goals, strategies and outcomes of an MPACE Diversity Committee.
- Develop the infrastructure for how this committee will act within the larger MPACE Board.
- Identify partners to collaborate with and models to use in the creation of this committee.
The Task Force meets monthly for one-hour conference calls. Since this is a task force that will transition into a committee, the longer term time commitment will be determined through the planning process.