APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM (PST) ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2019
The Future Leaders Scholarship (FLS) program developed by MPACE is intended as an opportunity for new professionals (including graduate students, management trainees, campus ambassadors, interns, and more) to showcase their creativity and innovation in the field of career services/university relations while gaining a valuable conference experience. Applicants must be exploring and/or pursuing career services/university relations as a career and be available to attend and co-present a presentation at the 2019 MPACE annual conference.
The scholarship includes:
- Conference Registration for the awardee (valued at $599)
- Travel (up to $600) for the awardee to attend the 2019 MPACE Annual Conference in Monterey Bay, CA from December 11-13, 2019
- Two night accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course for the awardee (valued at $450)
- One year MPACE membership for both awardee and experienced professional co-presenter (valued up to $150)
Additionally, scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to:
- Develop professionally and build upon their leadership skills through presenting at the MPACE conference
- Expand their professional network and participate in the entire conference
The selected applicant, under the guidance of an experienced professional of their choice (minimum of 3 years in the field), will present an innovative workshop at the 2019 Annual MPACE Conference.
The MPACE Education and Professional Development Committee will select and offer a scholarship award to no more than (1) recipient from MPACE colleges/employers. In order for the scholarship to be awarded, the recipients’ chosen experienced professional co-presenter must also be able to attend the conference. As an incentive, the experienced co-presenter will be awarded a one-year MPACE membership (valued up to $150).
Applicant Minimum Qualifications
- Applicants must be in a career services/university relations role for two years or less.
- Workshop proposal is innovative and offers a new perspective on any topic(s) relevant to the field of career services/university relations.
- Workshop proposal aligns with the conference theme of “Inspire. Shift. Act. Inspiring a Shift for the Next Generation of Professionals.”
- Quality of the resume meets professional standard, highlights involvement in university relations/career services and demonstrates potential for future leadership in the field.
- Online recommendation form submission from Career Center or University Relations management that demonstrates potential leadership of the applicant.
How Applications are Reviewed
- The Education & Professional Development Committee will review each applicant against the qualifications listed above. Applicant’s name, email, phone number and institution will be removed from all documents to ensure the utmost anonymity when scoring.
Role / Expectations of Scholarship Recipient
- Co-facilitate with your chosen experienced professional an innovative workshop that offers a new perspective on any topic(s) that are relevant to the field of career services/university relations at the 2019 Annual MPACE Conference. Program type should be in "Speaker" format with the scholarship recipient taking lead on this presentation and the co-presenter offering support and expertise. This is an opportunity for the scholarship recipient to gain presentation skills. Hence, panel presentation proposals will not be considered.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with your chosen experienced professional. The focus of these sessions is to broaden your awareness of industry best practices, career development theory, university relations, student affairs, presentation skills, and other related topics.
Role / Expectations of Experienced Co-Presenter
- Provide check-in sessions and relevant resources for review, such as articles, webinars, blogs, LinkedIn discussions, etc. intended to promote their understanding of career services/university relations and its role in higher education.
- Offer assistance and guidance related to the presentation of the FLS Recipient.
- Attend the 2019 MPACE Conference and co-present alongside the FLS Recipient.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online form below
- Fill out and upload this Program Proposal Form and upload completed document below
- Upload resume below
- Recommender must complete online recommendation form.
- All materials must be submitted by 5:00pm (PST) on Friday, August 16, 2019
- The Education & Professional Development Committee also recommends that you submit your conference proposal to the conference planning committee to increase your chances on being selected as a presenter, however, this will have no effect on the FLS scholarship decision.
Questions may be addressed to Kelly Dries, MPACE Director for Education & Professional Development, at email@example.com.
The deadline has passed. Thank you to everyone who has applied!